That may sound bitter to some of you, but I don't hate the Canucks JUST because they ended the Kings playoff hopes 2 seasons ago. I actually really started hating the Canucks this season for both their classless behavior on the ice and the ridiculous stunts their arrogant fans pulled at Staples Center this season. Prior to this year, I always enjoyed the Canucks fans that came to LA. They were drunk but mostly harmless and always complimentary of my team. Apparently winning made them forget where they came from and they morphed into jerks this season. So you get as good as you give, my friends. You're off my favored fan base list.
|Blow it out your hole, buddy!|
First and foremost, I'd like to thank Tim Thomas and the Boston Bruins for answering my prayers and denying the Canucks their date with Stanley. But I'd also like to thank both teams for teaching all hockey fans and their respective teams some important lessons during this epic seven game series. I hope the Kings were watching and taking notes, but just in case, here are my top 10 lessons from the 2011 Stanley Cup Final.
- Having a French-Canadian goalie does not guarantee your team a Stanley Cup. Having one that works well under pressure does.
- Players with talent but without mental toughness don't get you very far (see #1).
- Your biggest stars can set records all season long, but it doesn't matter if they don't show up when it counts.
- Solid defensive hockey may not be sexy, but it wins championships.
- If you're a player, don't say anything in an interview someone can hang you with later.
- Unless you're Bailey, don't bite people.
- Furry mascots are good. Latex covered ones are not.
- Bring a little piece of home with you to every road game and use it to your advantage.
- The President's Trophy curse is REAL. There is nothing uncool about being a runner-up for the smaller prize if it gets you the big one.
- When the Kings finally get to raise The Cup, stay classy and don't do anything that resembles THIS.
GO KINGS GO!