Today is a little different for two reasons. It's the home opener, so there are special events going on before the game I want to be involved in. And this year, I actually had the sense to take the day off from work so I could really enjoy the whole game experience.
But I do have a "normal" pre-game routine I follow for the rest of the home games during the season. Here's a look inside what it takes to get The Queen game ready!
Night before the game
Yes, I actually start the evening before. Planning in crucial to a successful game day, and I've learned through hard experience that tons of stress can be avoided on game with a little pre-emptive strike.
- Plan game outfit. (Which jersey is the team wearing? Is it clean? Is everything that goes WITH the rest of the outfit clean?)
- Do laundry if required by findings of bullet point one.
- Put ticket in wallet.
|Purple? Check! Sparkly? Check!|
Day of the game
- Check pre-game news and reports on-line during breakfast.
- Post anything noteworthy to Facebook and Twitter.
- Make notes of things to watch for post-game blog.
- Get dressed for work. Game day outfit MUST include purple or black. No exceptions.
- Leave work by 4 PM.
- Arrive home, check on-line sites again for any critical pre-game news (injuries, line changes, etc.).
- Pre-game 30 minute power nap.
- Dress and perfect purple eye make-up. Make sure all appropriate game day accessories are included with outfit.
|I have lots of Kings jewelry, but this is the critical piece.|
- Double check wallet for ticket.
- Stop for pre-game Starbucks on walk to Staples Center.
- Check Kings Care booth and LA Team store for must have apparel and collectible items.
- Stake out good photography spot for warm-up skate.
And of course, the most important step....chant GO KINGS GO!