If you've ever worked with animals before, you know rule number one -- don't mess with an injured one. They bite.
|I don't mean Bailey, I mean that poor little Coyote he has hanging by a string.|
Both teams seemed to be feeling each other out during the first period, and neither squad saw luck on the power play. The second was more up tempo, but still a largely even battle for puck possession, with both teams combining for only 27 shots by the end of the period. Finally, the Kings gained some momentum in the 3rd and the power play woke up with a goal from that reliable "Geezer" Jarret Stoll.
|Winning face-offs is key, people.|
Quick hits and notes:
- Jonathan Bernier earned his second shut-out last night. He only had to stop 25 shots to do it, but he got the job done when it was needed. Solid work kid!
|I think I see a smile behind that mask...|
- Coyotes back-up goalie (and former King) Jason LaBarbera drew the ire of fans in my section for standing too much and blocking our view with his enormous goalie butt. One fan yelled loud enough that he actually sat down! Sadly that didn't last long.
|Barbs has got back, baby....|
- My laugh of the night came courtesy of The Mayor, who heckled Coyote Paul "Biznasty" Bissonette with this line -- "Don't get greedy, you've already played 5 shifts tonight!". That got a prompt "F*** YOU!" and a smile from Biz. Good times, people!
|We see you Biz!|
- Based on the lack of fans blocking my view, Coyotes people do not travel outside Arizona to see their team play. This was great news after the crowd of Wingnuts in my face Monday night.
- Dustin Penner is not only huge, he has very pretty eyes. I saw them looking at the sign I made him. The Queen loves you, kid.
GO KINGS GO!