Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Black Ice: Thumbs Up Or Down?

If you're like most hockey fans, you're always on the lookout for cool new gear to represent your team in style. I don't stop by the Team LA store at every Kings home game, but I pop in from time to time just to see what new merchandise they've added to the current collection.

I had seen the NHL "Black Ice" jerseys in a catalog mailer before and frankly wasn't all that impressed. But my stop by the team store Monday at the game was my first "up close and personal" experience with this version of the Kings jersey and I was intrigued enough to take a closer look.


The front, honestly, doesn't impress me all that much.


There just isn't enough contrast between the black background of the shield and the "LA" lettering, at least for me. The back, on the other hand, is a big winner in my opinion.


The black number with the white outline looks AWESOME. If they had done the "LA" on the front shield outlined the same way, this jersey would be a slam dunk for me. But given that the Team LA store is having a 50% off sale tomorrow in honor of Fan Appreciation Day, I just might have to add one to my jersey collection anyway....

So what do YOU think, Kings fans? Is a "Black Ice" jersey on your shopping list?


GO KINGS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment