Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stanley Cup Finals: Game 3 - Mad Genius

I was in a great mood yesterday morning, which was an amazing feat considering I was up at 5 AM trying to get to work early. Such is life in playoff mode. I had a lot to get done at work but I was making progress. Then, it happened.

A tweet from a friend asking whether Simon Gagne would be skating tonight? HUH?

After quickly consulting the mighty Rich Hammond and discovering Gagne would indeed be replacing Brad Richardson in the line-up, my thoughts went into a complete tailspin.

WTF are we doing messing with line chemistry NOW? Why can't the power play units just keep doing what they're doing -- they have to score eventually, right? Is this just about Gagne getting his name on the damned Cup? Is Richie hurt? SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!

The rest of the afternoon was a blur of work, stress, rushing home and rushing to Staples Center to make sure I had plenty of time to navigate the madness. On my walk downtown, a slew of frustrated thoughts were running through my head (not necessarily in this order):

  • I HATE 5 PM starts. Can I help that I live in a geographically superior time zone? I have to struggle to rearrange my day just so the East Coasters get their beauty sleep?
  • WTH is Gags doing in the lineup? REALLY. Is this mad genius or pure stupidity on Sutter's part? THE GUY HASN'T PLAYED SINCE DECEMBER!
  • I really should have taken the day off...
  • That freaking margarita machine better be working!

By the time the game was over, I only had one thought....

WE ARE ONE WIN AWAY FROM THE CUP.


Nothing else really matters.

GO KINGS GO!

1 comment:

  1. So, the important question-

    Was the Margarita machine working?

    ReplyDelete