Thursday, September 23, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Hockey?

I always love coming home to mail that isn't a bill, especially when that mail includes my latest copy of The Hockey News!


OK, I know what you're thinking.  Yes, I am aware Sidney Crosby plays for the Penguins, and no, I have not abandoned my Kings to become a Penguins fan.  What caught my eye is the text in the little red circle next to Sid's face.


The Hockey News talking about OUR KINGS!!  Heck yeah!

In his column, Proteau Type, THN writer Adam Proteau has this to say about the Kings:

"In any case, the Kings are a team that shouldn't be missed wherever they're playing.  They are the West's version of the Washington Capitals - young, dangerous and on the precipice of achieving something big.  They might still have a season or two of growing pains - like the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins had to deal with before they made their quantum, championship leaps - but there may be no more thrilling team in hockey to watch this year."

Can I get an amen to that, Kings fans?

And the icing on the cake?  Drew Doughty is already predicted to be a Norris Trophy Candidate, as picked by both the media and the fans!

Can life get any better?  Yes, it can...because I'm off to Staples Center to see the Kings first home pre-season game.  So say it with me everyone.....

GO KINGS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment