Friday, September 9, 2011

Kings Court Featured Fan: Peter Naumann

Our featured fan of the week is Peter Naumann. As I was emailing back and forth with him about his answers, he reminded me to make sure to refer to him in this post as Peter "Duck Hater For Life" Naumann. I knew right away this was a fan I could relate to!


Here are Peter's answers to The Queen's fan survey, including a response from his Mom's point of view. Enjoy!

*************************************************************

1. How did you first get introduced to hockey?
Well, my Mom’s side of the family is from New England, and my Grandfather went to Harvard Law. My Mom started watching the Kings when they moved to California, and passed the passion of not only the Kings, but Hockey as well down to her children.  


2. When did you become a Kings fan, and what do you remember about your first Kings fan experience?
My first game was in 1983 vs. the Blues, Marcel Dionne scored 2 goals and assisted on two others for a 5-0 rout. I was hooked from then on.


3. Who is you favorite Kings player of all time, past or present, and why?
Wow. That is hard. I love so many players for different reasons. I’d have to say, out of all the greats, Luc, Gretzky, Dionne, my Favorite player of all time has to be Bernie Nicholls. Guy was a goal scoring machine!!! And I just loved his attitude toward playing the game. No one can forget the Goal he scored off of his back, although some fans forget the other 70 goals he scored that season.


4. What is your favorite memory of the Kings?
I remember vacationing @ Mammoth Lakes when Grumpy’s was full of Kings Fans watching Game seven of the Campbell Conference Finals. The place just erupted when #99 scored his third goal of the game, completing the hat trick. My Mom cried so much, and it was a proud Kings moment shared with all. Good F’N Times!


5. What is your favorite item of Kings gear and why?
Favorite Kings Gear is my Autographed Puck and Card of Dave Taylor. It’s a beacon in my house of importance. Whenever I look for keys, wallet, ipod, and can’t find it, I can usually find it “behind Dave Taylor”. Mr. Reliable.


6. If you could watch a game from any location in Staples Center, where would you be and why?
I want to watch a game from Bob’s and Jim’s Seat, just to gain perspective. I have sat pretty much everywhere else.


7. If you could be a King, what position would you play and why?
Goalie, no doubt. I used to play Goalie, and it was the most fun I have ever had playing organized sports.


8. If you had a chance to address the team right now, what would you say?
Just strap it up. We fans are not too fickle. We can take losing(hell, been taking it for 50 years), but one thing we cannot accept anymore is lazy, lackadaisical play. If you lose, lose respectably.  Oh, and losing to the Ducks. Also never acceptable. You have the talent, you’ve had the experience, and I am sure you players are as interested of how far you can go as us fans know you can. GO KINGS!


9. If you could have dinner with a current Kings player, who would you choose and what would you say to them? 
Brad Richardson or Scott Parse. I’d just like to hear what they have to say being secondary pieces of the team. How are things from their perspective? Although, my mom would like to have Dinner and a Movie with Jarret Stoll. ;)


10. What is the best thing about being a Kings fan?
All the awesome people I have met over the last few years, and the excitement that builds more and more year after year. It’s really exciting to be a Kings fan now, and I’m loving every second of it. Also, another great thing about being a Kings fan is Mobbing on the Ponda Center to show Ducks fans what it means to love your team. HA!


*************************************************************

Don't forget Kings fans, if you'd like to submit your answers and become a Kings Court Featured Fan, click this link for directions!

GO KINGS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment