Let's just say the Kings didn't embrace their opportunity to get out of their recent slump and start a new win streak. The biggest frustrations of our recent slide continued tonight in the 1-0 loss to the conference rival San Jose Sharks. Somehow, our early season strengths (defensive mindset and face-off wins in particular) have become weaknesses and we can't seem to buy a win.
|"What am I supposed to do here again? Oh yeah, get the puck!"|
A few of my many thoughts during the game tonight:
- 6 PM starts just feel weird, even on a weekend.
- The people who buy tickets in the section where The Queen watches warm-ups should really not plan to use them until the game actually STARTS. My boys need their photos taken, folks!
- The woman sitting next to me in the turquoise jacket AND nail polish just needed to go away. I get that you're a Sharks fan, but you're not twelve, and that's the age cut-off for nails that color.
- The guy to my left started off the night complaining about how little leg room the seats have. The fact that he was extremely tall apparently never figured into the Staples Center Design scheme. He was also an apparent hockey first timer because he kept leaning forward and sticking his head right in my shots.
- Problems with 5 on 3 penalty kills continue, at least in the sense that we're having to do them. What happened to our D again?
- The power play is still not a bright spot. We started the second period tied with no score, and couldn't manage to get it done. Last time I checked, hockey lasts 60 minutes, not 40.
- Both teams looked completely exhausted. By the end of the 3rd, everyone involved was just glad the nightmare was over.
|This is Drew during warm-ups. Should have known it wasn't gonna be a good night.|
GO KINGS GO!