|Photo courtesy of Paul Gheduzzi|
On the Kings end, the big story in my mind was inability to capitalize on power play chances. Two chances just in the first period alone, and absolutely NO shots on goal during the first attempt. We even started OT with a power play and couldn't get it done. Only 1 shot on goal with a 4-3 advantage? Back to the PP drawing board.
A few other quick hits from The Queen:
- Drew Doughty was finally back in the line-up. The Kings faithful rejoiced. The heavens did not open and angels did not sing, but he made it through a whole game. Small victories.
- Jack Johnson was a minus 3 tonight -- with his stick in the wrong spot when the Phoenix netted the game winner. It's only one game, and I'm not a Jack Johnson hater. But for all of you so excited about his hot start, let's remember he's not infallible.
- My old boyfriend Patrick O'Sullivan was back in the Coyotes line-up. I should have pulled out my signed jersey and worn it during the game. It never helped the Kings win when he played for them anyway, so it probably had some Coyote killing abilities. I guess you ca blame this loss on me.
- The Kopitar line did not play well overall tonight. What was different? Dustin Penner. Is it all his fault? Maybe not, but he's gonna take the blame.
- Mike Richards can do no wrong. Absolutely nothing. I'm starting to think he'd be the perfect hockey player to clone.
- No matter how bad things get, Jonathan Quick hangs tough. He kept us in that game for a long time. Sometimes the bounces just bite you, but Quick is still the man.
- I don't care how few people were supposedly in the building in Glendale. I heard "Go Yotes Go" chanting while Daryl and Nick were talking on the radio broadcast. There ARE fans in Phoenix people -- they just come out in greater numbers on weekends.
- NOT happy about another OT game, but if we had to lose at least we picked up a point. I would much prefer we learn to win in regulation.
- I will pay someone to secretly disable the Coyotes goal horn. I'm serious.
GO KINGS GO!