Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kings-Blue Jackets Preview: Introducing the Kings Blogger Prediction Panel!

There are some wonderfully creative folks that blog about the Kings, and I thoroughly enjoy reading and promoting their work here at Kings Court. So when I was approached by Matt Murray of Life in Hockeywood about participating in a blogger panel, I couldn't resist.

The idea is simple -- a panel of your favorite Kings bloggers predict the score of each upcoming Kings game and provide a sentence or two explaining our picks. Matt collects everyones input and sends a compiled list out to the entire group, which we can then use in our own blog as we see fit.

Simple. Fun. Genius. I'm calling it the KBPP from here on out -- because I love acronyms and because the rules say I can do what I want with my blog as long as I don't change anyone's predictions.

So without further ado, here's the first list of predictions, including my own. I feel pretty good about the fact that a couple of other bloggers are on the same page as me. Usually Bobby Scribe doesn't agree with me on much, so he must be in a good mood today. Each pick also includes a link to the blogger's site, so if you're not reading them already in my posts on the Kings Court Facebook page, now you can find them yourself.

I predict a Kings win!


***********************************************

Fake Chris Kontos from The Royal Half
http://theroyalhalf.com/
  • Score: Blue Jackets 2, Kings 1, SO
  • Reason: After watching the Columbus Blue Jackets lose 6-0 to the San Jose Sharks Monday night… I'm fully prepared for them to beat the LA Kings 2-1 in a shootout.

Jon Gillette from Rink Royalty
http://rinkroyalty.com/
  • Score: Kings 4, Blue Jackets 1
  • The Kings have had 9 days to reflect on their poor performance and have to be itching to get out there and show everyone that they're ready to kick some ass down the stretch and grab the Pacific Division.

Quisp from Jewels From the Crown

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/
  • Score: Kings 3, Blue Jackets 2, SO.
  • Reason: it's a 3-2 league.

Bobby Scribe from Surly and Scribe

http://lakingsnews.com/
  • Score: Kings 3, Blue Jackets 1
  • Reason: dun dun dun dundun dun dun dun dundun dun dun dun dundun dundundun JACKETS SUCK!

Meg Jarrell from Kings Court
(That's me so you don't need no stinking link --- you're already here!)
  • Score: Kings 3, Blue Jackets 1
  • Reason: The Kings play the day before Groundhog Day, and I'm convinced the boys didn't see their shadow during the All-Star break.

Paul Armbruster from Deep Inside the Kings
http://deepinsidethekings.com/
  • Score: Kings 3, Jackets 1
  • Reason: Rust vs. Must: Kings struggle early, trying to find their legs, while the boys from Ohio play desperate 'must win' hockey after being embarrassed last night. In the end, the Kings do just enough to squeak out a win after scoring an empty netter with under a minute to go.

Matt Murray from Life In Hockeywood

http://www.lifeinhockeywood.com
  • Score: Kings 2, Blue Jackets 1, SO
  • Reason: All season, the Kings haven't been scoring. I doubt they will have solved that glaring issue over the past nine days... Quick will continue to shine, however.

***********************************************
Got a prediction of your own? Leave it in the comments and see how you stack up against the KBPP!

GO KINGS GO!

1 comment: